The most exciting work published on mind-body medicine today focuses on emerging clinical developments in this field. Writers’ Group book projects have included behavioral psychology, life coaching, lifestyle medicine, and overcoming emotional trauma, as well as work on group support, health coaching, hypnotherapy, imagery, medical biofeedback, meditation, qigong and yoga, self-care, somatic therapies, and spirit in healing.
• Articles for consumers and for professionals
• Books, book chapters, book proposals
• Research and analysis, literature reviews, information design
• White papers, special reports
• Website evaluations, web content
The Book – Patricia A. Bach Ph.D., Daniel J. Moran Ph.D., BCBA. Foreword by: Steven C. Hayes Ph.D. ACT in Practice: Case Conceptualization in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. New Harbinger Publications, 2008.
Services Provided – Developmental editing
The Project – This was a basic copy edit, but the editor was also charged with offering the authors options for organizing the content. Given the highly personal nature of writing and book development, a focus on options is a useful way to approach any project.
Reader Reviews – “Of all the ACT books available right now, this one is my favorite – it’s a very readable and yet thorough guide.” Review by a professional on Amazon
The Book – Allison Shadday, LCSW. MS and Your Feelings: Handling the Ups and Downs of Multiple Sclerosis. Hunter House, 2006.
Services Provided – Copy editing
The Project – This insightful and thoughtfully written book focuses on the challenges of MS. Written by a social worker, the author sees patients and also has MS herself. For the Writers’ Group, the charge was to retain the author’s voice, intent, and flow, while providing a solid copy edit.
Reader Reviews – “Allison Shadday has written a very readable and user friendly book about multiple sclerosis. Her descriptions of the disease are clear and jargon-free which makes understanding the medical aspects quite effortless.” Amazon reviewer from Portland, OR
The Book – Len Saputo, MD, and Nancy Faass, eds. Boosting Immunity: Creating Wellness Naturally. New World Library, 2002. (Two printings in English; Chinese edition, 2003; Russian edition, 2008.)
Services Provided – Volume editor, writing, copy editing
The Project – One of the first books on the role of lifestyle in health, this book has gone through two printings, as well as an edition in Russian, and one in Chinese. Working closely with Dr. Saputo, the goal was to create a resource on the connection between mind/body practices and the creation of long-lasting health. The Writers Group developed and edited contributions from a number of outstanding experts. This book was the result, breaking new ground by providing practical suggestions on optimizing lifestyle to support immune function.
Reviews – “… provides a powerful incentive for adopting healthy practices once and for all.” NAPRA ReView “… a logical foundation for making wiser lifestyle choices.” Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients
The Power of Collaboration
We have had the opportunity to coauthor work with some of the premier experts in psychology, mind-body medicine, and coaching:
• Mind-Body Medicine – James Gordon, MD, a Harvard-trained psychiatrist; director, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine; clinical professor at Georgetown University Medical School; and a world-renowned expert on healing psychological trauma, depression, and anxiety
• HeartMath – Douglas Mann, MD, a physician and researcher in pain management and a professor of neurology at the University of North Carolina
• Relaxation Techniques, Meditation, and Breath Work – David Rakel, MD, physician, researcher, professor, and director of the University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine Program
• Imagery – Martin Rossman, MD, physician, clinical professor at UCSF Medical School, and cofounder of the Academy for Interactive Guided Imagery
In your own work, you want to assure that your information and your message have an impact. We can help you achieve those goals.